So my friend kathrynrose
posts a list of 5 Happy Things for the day and I thought it was a cool idea.
With everything going on in my head and in my world lately, I realize that I'm laser-focused on the bad and negative things in my life. I'm completely missing all of the good things that are abounding through my world. And there are many good things... it's sometimes just a matter of digging through the crap to find them.
need a shift in perspective. I need to stop dwelling and wallowing in the bad and negative things and try to focus more on the good because it's starting to drive me crazy. Okay, crazier. Smartasses.
No, this won't fix everything but at least it might help me not be such a miserable, crotchety, grumpy and cranky boy like all day, every day! Maybe if I start focusing on the good, on making a conscious effort to bring more positivity into my life and my mindset, I'll be happier overall.
So before I call it a day and hit the rack, here's my inaugural 5 Happy Things for the day...
1) A wonderful weekend with pixie117
... some very much needed downtime spent together to reconnect and just hang out. She makes me feel very loved and appreciated and I'm thankful.
2) Managing to power through all 3 of my Idol entries and getting them posted today. You have no idea how close I was to not getting them in. It was super, super close. I don't know how (or if) they'll go over but at least I got them in and didn't just chump out.
3) Sprinkles cupcakes. 'nuff said. (even though I did leave my favorite one back at pixie117
's place today. Booo! Oh well, at least I know she'll enjoy it!)
4) Friends. Good friends who call or email or text just to check up on me and make sure that a) I'm alive and b) doing okay. I have a wonderful and amazing group of friends both in real life and here on LJ and I feel so fortunate.
5) The continued health of the feline companion. He's pushing 19 years old and he's still as spry and cranky as he was back when he was a kitten. He abuses me, bosses me around and my life is better for it.
Well that wasn't so bad. And that wasn't so hard to come up with 5 tonight. Now let's just keep the momentum going and see if I can't change my perspective, huh? I'd love to be far less cynical and cranky. I bet everybody in my life would like that too, actually.
Well, it's time to hit the rack. I should have been in bed a while ago. But I shall now leave you with a funny... Enjoy!